We have a very rewarding opportunity for a Community Care Worker to join our team on a permanent basis.
This role involves working within the community in the Trowbridge area of Cardiff.
This is a permanent role on a zero hour contract
What you’ll do
In this role you will be providing care to our customers within the community undertaking tasks such as administering medication, meal preparation, supporting them to pay their bills, writing letters and helping with activities and days out.
You will be supporting our customers to ensure they achieve as much independence as possible whilst maintaining their dignity and respect.
What you’ll need
To be successful in this role you must be reliable, flexible and have a passion for helping others. Due to nature of the work it is essential applicants are car drivers with access to their own vehicle. You will need to be prepared to work at short notice and prepared to cover early afternoon, evening and weekend shifts.
- £9.56 per hour
- 28p per mile travel expenses and paid travel time
- Full induction and paid training programme
- Employee assistance programme and well-being resource available 24/7
- Medi-cash - healthcare cashback scheme
- ‘Perks’ – a range of shopping and activity discounts and cash back options
- Development opportunities with support from our Academi
- Free DBS and registration with social care Wales
- Enhanced sick pay with length of service
- Holiday increase with length of service
- Company mobile phone and uniform supplied
Opportunities for development
Throughout our time with us, our Academi will provide you with structured, role-specific training and development including support in achieving your QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
If you would like further information about this opportunity please contact Lauren Griffiths in the Recruitment Team on Lauren.email@example.com or 02920 675880
If you are interested in this role please click ‘Apply’ or alternatively apply through our website https://www.hafod.org.uk/work-with-us
If successful for this role a DBS check will be required. Hafod reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received; therefore we encourage early applications to ensure consideration.