We have an opportunity for a Community Care Worker to join our team on a permanent, zero hour basis. This is a highly rewarding role working within the community in Cefn Cribwr, Kenfig Hill, Pyle and Cornelly providing a high level of care to our customers within their homes.
We are a not-for-profit organization committed to Making Lives Better for our customers, our colleagues and our communities. With a history that spans over 50 years, we provide a wide range of housing, support and care services. We are a family friendly organization that employs around 1300 people and supports over 16,000 people across South Wales.
What you’ll do
In this role you will be providing care to our customers undertaking tasks such as administering medication, meal preparation, supporting them to pay their bills, writing letters and helping with activities and days out.
You will be supporting our customers to ensure they achieve as much independence as possible whilst maintaining their dignity and respect.
What you’ll need
To be successful in this role you must be reliable, flexible and have a passion for helping others. You will also need a full driver’s license and access to a car.
- £9.26 - £9.56 per hour with enhanced rates for bank holiday working
- Recognised ‘Great Place to Work’ employer
- Paid mileage and travel time
- We pay for your DBS check and SCW registration
- Enhanced sick pay
- Annual leave increases with length of service
- Two week rolling rota where we work with your availability
- Smart phone
- Family friendly policies
- Medicash health care plan (see leaflet)
- Employee assistance programme and well-being support
- Shopping discounts
- Supportive induction and training programme
- Career pathways to support your development and earning potential
Opportunities for development
Throughout our time with us, our Academi will provide you with structured, role-specific training and development including support in achieving your QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
If you would like further information about this opportunity please contact Caitlin Marks on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this role please click ‘Apply’ or alternatively apply through our website https://www.hafod.org.uk/work-with-us/
Closing Date: Monday 1 November 2021
If successful for this role a DBS check will be required. Hafod reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received; therefore we encourage early applications to ensure consideration.